We have a powerful time of Fasting and Prayer coming up, starting Thursday, January 9 and continuing through Wednesday, January 29. Fasting is simply giving something up, often food, for a period of time in order to create spiritual hunger and make more room in our lives for God. We’ll be joining our faith together and believing God for significant things, both corporately for our church, and in our lives individually. Whether you’re in a challenging season that needs a breakthrough, or you simply want to get to know God in a deeper way, fasting and prayer are incredible tools for every believer’s life.
We'll also have Prayer Rallies happening on Wednesdays and Saturdays at all of our locations throughout our 21 Days of Fasting and Prayer. Join us for all of them as we have a chance to press in together, corporately as a church!
- Wednesday, January 22 at 7p
- Saturday, January 25 at 10a
Below are a couple of resources as we all join together during these 21 Days of Fasting and Prayer!
Bible Reading Plan
Click the link below for a recommended Bible Reading Plan titled, “Less of Me/More of Him” found on the YouVersion Bible app.
Types of Fasts
Fasting is simply giving something up, like food, for a period of time in order to create spiritual hunger and make more room in our lives for God. Some common types of fasts are:
- Partial Fast - not eating food from sun up to sun down
- Selective Fast - removing certain things from what you eat
- Daniel Fast - not eating meat, sweets and bread and instead eating only fruits, vegetables and juices
- Complete Fast - drinking only water and juice
- Alternative Fast - not using things like social media or television. This is a great add-on to any of the above types of fasts and an alternative if health issues prevent you from a traditional fast.