On January 10th, we’ll kick off our 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting together as a church. It’s a great time to press in spiritually and dedicate the upcoming year to God. Here are some simple ways to make the most of the 21 Days:
1. Write down your prayer goals.
2. Make a commitment to fast.
3. Join in our Bible reading plan.
4. Be a part of the Prayer Rallies & BIG Wednesday.
Bible Reading Plan
As a church we’ll be completing a 21-Day Fasting Study of the Bible together. Join in below or search, “Less of Me/More of Him” on the YouVersion Bible app.
These are special times where we gather together as a church family for worship, encouragement and prayer. They’ll help you believe big for your life and stay on track during the 21 Days. Prayer Rallies take place at all locations and Kids Life is available on Wednesday nights.
- Wednesday, January 23 - 7p
- Saturday, January 26 - 10a
Types of Fasts
Fasting is simply giving something up, like food, for a period of time in order to create spiritual hunger and make more room in our lives for God. Some common types of fasts are:
- Partial Fast - not eating food from sun up to sun down
- Selective Fast - removing certain things from what you eat
- Daniel Fast - not eating meat, sweets and bread and instead eating only fruits, vegetables and juices
- Complete Fast - drinking only water and juice
- Alternative Fast - not using things like social media or television. This is a great add-on to any of the above types of fasts and an alternative if health issues prevent you from a traditional fast.
Wednesday, January 30 - 7p
Houston Levee Location
Big Wednesdays are always an incredible time for all locations to gather together and experience God’s presence, powerful worship and an inspiring message from Pastor John. We’ll also be wrapping up our 21 days of prayer and fasting, so make sure you’re part of this special night as we start the year off strong and believe God for great things in 2019!