Congratulations on your engagement! We’re excited to be a part of this special time in your life.
At The Life Church we value the marriage covenant between man and wife and want to do our part to set up our members to have a strong, flourishing marriage that will stand the test of time. From pre-marital counseling, to presiding over your ceremony, our goal is to help you build your marriage on a strong, biblical foundation.
The wedding process at The Life Church will take about six months to complete and is available to members of The Life Church. This length of time should allow you time to complete the marriage preparation materials, meet our pre-marital education requirements, and carefully plan your wedding with one of our coordinators.
We have outlined steps to help you build a satisfying, love and grace-filled marriage that will last a lifetime. Through the years, we have seen God’s best come from solid, intentional preparation for marriage. The time you spend during your engagement should be viewed as an investment in the life that you will live together. Pre-Marital Education is offered to members of The Life Church. Members are individuals who:
1. Profess their faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
2. Commit to the vision of The Life Church by:
- Consistently attending weekly services.
- Purposefully connecting into church life (currently serving on a team, attending connect groups, etc.).
- Supporting the church by giving faithfully through tithes and offerings.
3. Praying for and supporting the leadership of the church.
If you fulfill the requirements of membership at The Life Church and would like to begin the Pre-Marital process, complete these easy steps:
1. Register – Complete the online Pre-Marital Education questionnaire. The total cost of Pre-Marital Education is $90/couple and covers the cost of materials. You will pay $55 of the registration fee when you register online and the remaining $35 when you complete the online portion of the classwork.
2. Schedule – Our Wedding Coordinator will contact you to schedule an appointment. At this meeting, we will discuss your options and schedule your Pre-Marital Eduction sessions.
3. Complete – Make your Pre-Marital Education a priority. There will be 6-8 Sessions with each session lasting approximately one hour.
Do I need to be a believer in order for The Life Church to officiate my wedding?
Yes, both individuals wanting to get married must be followers of Jesus Christ.
Do I need to be a member of The Life Church?
Yes, at least one of you must be a member of The Life Church. Members are individuals who fulfill the commitments listed above.
Do I have to attend Pre-Marital Education?
If you would like a pastor at The Life Church to perform your marriage ceremony, you must complete our Pre-Marital Education process.
Can I get married at the church?
Yes. When you apply and have your initial meeting, you will get more information about ceremonies, receptions, fees and requirements for using The Life Church facilities. Weddings cannot be scheduled during church service times or church-wide events.
How much does Pre-Marital Education cost?
The total cost of Pre-Marital Education is $90/couple and covers the cost of materials. You will pay it in 2 parts – $55 when you register online and the remaining $35 when you complete the online portion of the classwork.